To apply for this job, a resume and a short statement of interest should be sent to CEO@healthnet-rock.org.
Position: COVID-19 Community Ambassador (Asian-American/Pacific Islander Liasion)
Job Classification: Contractor
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer; Clinic Manager
- Have cultural lived experience and are a trusted and known member of the community
- Have cultural competence and experience working with diverse populations
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills and an open, friendly, accommodating attitude
- Are willing to learn about the COVID-19 vaccine, common vaccine hesitancies, and other COVID-19 risk reduction strategies
- Bilingual in English and an East and Southeast Asian language
- Are well-versed in harm reduction principles
Expected Duties Under Contract:
- Attend trainings to learn about the safety and efficacy of COVID-19 vaccines
- Provide ongoing outreach to minority groups (through personal interactions and social media); provide pre-vaccination education and disseminate clear, consistent, and accurate information about the vaccine including common side effects
- Provide support for VIP appointment line to help individuals from minority groups get scheduled for vaccination
- Facilitate two-way communication between minority groups, public health, and healthcare sector partners to identify, elevate, and respond to any concerns about the vaccine among minority communities.
- Engage people by listening and validating individuals’ concerns and sharing personal reasons for confidence in the vaccine
- Attend vaccine events and/or accompany mobile vaccine units to provide peer support, work alongside people as they work through concerns, and liaise between individuals and healthcare providers
- Provide linkages to services and care for individuals who experience expected symptoms from the vaccine or have an adverse reaction
- Participate in vaccine distribution planning and coordination; provide an “ear to the ground”; inform public health and healthcare sector partners about equitable vaccine distribution strategies; inform local communications and community engagement strategies
- Talk to individuals about barriers to receiving the vaccine and support problem solving
- Help individuals develop a plan for receiving the second dose of the vaccine in a timely manner, including scheduling check-ins and reminders
- Utilize safety principles that model risk reduction (i.e., wearing face covers or masks and other PPE, social distancing, and handwashing).
- 500 individuals get scheduled for vaccination through consultant’s efforts
- Host 14 education cafes in front of relevant groups
- Biweekly report on activities performed
$1,300 every two weeks as stipend
Expected Hours: Varies
To apply for this position, please email cover letter and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. We respectfully ask for no telephone calls at this time.
Position: Dental Clinic Manager
Job Classification: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
- Educational background in dental assisting or dental hygiene
- Knowledge/experience with dental record charting and using dental terminology
- Ability to communicate effectively and manage conflict when necessary
- Organizational skills
- Knowledge of healthcare facility management
- Knowledge of computer Microsoft Office and Adobe Software Applications
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Supervise clinical and support staff/volunteers including but not limited to dental assistants, dental hygienists, and receptionists.
- Work closely with community partners to promote HealthNet of Rock County’s dental clinic and champion mutually-beneficial partnerships
- Ensure adequate staff/volunteers are available for dental clinics.
- Maintain dental provider schedules to ensure patients are scheduled for appropriate time slots and in accordance with dental providers’ licenses, specialties, and preferences.
- Serve as electronic dental record system administrator to ensure each individual has proper system credentials and orientation training, troubleshooting errors, and creating templates/forms in the system.
- Ensure patient enrollment eligibility compliance
- Answer questions and address patient concerns regarding HealthNet policies and procedures
- Maintain clinic state/federal compliance requirements.
- Assist with report generating on behalf of the Dental Clinic
- Participate in QA/QI Committee, supervise quality improvement activities at the dental clinic
- Serve as ambassador for HealthNet’s dental clinic on several stakeholder groups
- Maintain clinic policies and update as necessary
- Other duties requested by the CEO
Tour of Duty: 40 hours per week
Compensation: Based on degree and years of experience; benefits include medical and dental, paid time off, and Simple IRA Contribution