HealthNet of Rock County, Inc. is dedicated to excellence and innovation in the provision of primary health and dental care and health education, delivered free or at low cost, to enhance the quality of life for the underserved residents of Rock County, Wisconsin.
We are Rock County's only free & charitable clinic
HealthNet of Rock County, Inc. is a free and charitable clinic that opened in 1994 as a 501(c)3 non-profit organization through the result of a needs assessment completed by the Salvation Army in 1993. This assessment identified a lack of affordable health care as one of the major problems of Rock County.
Many of HealthNet’s patients have serious chronic health conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, and/or asthma. When individuals prolong treatment or choose not to seek care because of the fear associated with incurring debt from medical bills, the community suffers in the loss of productive employees, consumers, parents, and healthy members of the community.
We address these potential issues by providing vision, dental, and other medical services at an affordable rate to the Rock County community.
HealthNet Patients, By The Numbers
What we’ve done
- Provided over 23,567 prescriptions worth an estimated $1.5 million annually to prevent health care crisis situations.
- Reduced the number of ER visits for 74% of our patients that consider HealthNet their medical home.
- Enrolled patients into the BadgerCare Core Plus program or placed them on the appropriate waiting list.
- Implemented a new policy for patients to verify that they are uninsured by providing a denial letter from the State program. This ensures that HealthNet is complying with contract requirements and that there is no duplication of service.
- Ensure that our patients overall health status — whether it be for diabetes or hypertension — is improving with a population health focus
- General primary health care
- Mental health care
- Vision care
- Health Education
- Teeth cleaning
- Fluoride & sealant treatments
- Treatment plans
- Dental X-rays
Behavioral Health Clinic
- Individual Counseling
- Group Therapy
- EDMR (Trauma-Responsive)
- Substance Use/MAT